Got this via email today. I’m going – anyone else interested in coming along?
We’re pleased to invite you to “China: The World is Watching”, presented by the Amnesty International (Australia) Business Group, on Wednesday 5 September.
The forum, featuring Sophie Peer from Amnesty International and Gordon Renouf from the Australian Consumers Association, will detail the risks and opportunities which Australians may face in doing business in China. Speakers will outline an “ethical consumption” viewpoint on goods consumed in Australia from China. The session will outline the human rights situation in China and the repression caused by the actions of international IT companies. The obligation that China now has to be more transparent and the opportunity to improve human rights presented by the Beijing Olympics will be highlighted.
- Date and Time: Wednesday 5 September 2007, 6.30pm to 8pm
- Location: Sydney Mechanics’ School of Arts, Level 1, 280 Pitt St Sydney
- Format: Q&A and drinks follow our speakers
- Cost: Entry by voluntary donation, $10 suggested
- Lucky door prize: 2 nights accommodation at your choice of 25 deluxe Mantra Resorts nationwide, courtesy of Stella Hospitality Group
- RSVP: By email to email@example.com or register at the door