- Why we don't ride in the door zone – Sydney Cyclist – When I'm riding I often ride in the traffic lane rather than the bike lane to avoid car doors (many of the lanes in Sydney are placed right next to parked cars). This video explains why…
- Surface Area Required To Solar Power The World – Interesting visualisation of the land mass required to provide for all our power using solar technology. While solar is not the answer (and has scalability issues esp. due to resource use/efficiency) it does present an intriguing perspective.
- Introducing About NSW – maps, census visualisations, cross search – Seb Chan, Dan MacKinlay and Renae Mason talk about About NSW – an innovative project out of the Powerhouse Museum. A number of my friends/colleagues worked on this project and it's definitely worth checking out!
- Eco houses snap together using Lego-style blocks – Eco-friendly "Lego-style" bricks for DIY home builders… too cool. (via @pennyhagen)
- yikebike – Self-described as an "electric mini-farthing" – looks fascinating…
- Snow Leopard saves millions of kilowatt hours of electricity? – ComputerWorld crunches the numbers to work out how much energy Snow Leopard (Apple's new operating system) will save compared to the previous version.
- The great give-away: Allocating permits under an emissions trading scheme – David Jeffery on a recent study that suggest the government's plan to give away permits actually results in a profit for affected industries.
These links come from my Delicious feed.