- NT Intervention: Let’s Try That In Sydney – Fascinating thought experiment by a New Matilda contributor. Turns out the author lives in my apartment complex! (I saw the “Alcohol prohibited” sign on his balcony…)
- ethipedia – Truly Sustainable Business Practices – This is something I was thinking Choice Magazine could do for the Australian market, but never quite got around to expressing it. A site that "crowd-sources" data to test ethical business claims to help highlight greenwashers.
- Obama to Limit Executive Pay to $500,000 a Year Under New Rules – "President Barack Obama will announce tomorrow that he’s imposing a cap of $500,000 on the compensation of top executives at companies that receive federal rescue funds, an administration official said." About. Bloody. Time….
- Israel’s use of white phosphorus confirmed – "Amnesty International delegates visiting the Gaza Strip found indisputable evidence of widespread use of white phosphorus in densely populated residential areas in Gaza City and in the north. … Such extensive use of this weapon in Gaza's densely populated residential neighbourhoods is inherently indiscriminate. Its repeated use in this manner, despite evidence of its indiscriminate effects and its toll on civilians, is a war crime,"
- Rudd hampers police child-protection efforts – "$2.8 million, which the Howard government allocated to expand the Australian Federal Police’s Online Child Sexual Exploitation Team (OCSET), was instead used by Rudd to help create Conroy’s $44.5 million Rabbit-Proof Firewall. … Without that money, OCSET simply doesn’t have the staff to investigate all of the suspected pedophiles it already knows about."
These links come from my Delicious feed.